My dear friends,
It is with immense pleasure and gratefulness to God that I write to you.
We are almost set for our Big Day on 3rd February 2018. Final preparations are on. Only personal invitations to our well-wishers are left. I would like you also to talk to your friends and like-minded persons and request them to come for the function. Our presence will be a message to our beneficiary families and awardees that they are not alone in their struggles and that we are all sailing behind them.
When we planned this event, we were not sure of the participation of persons. However, once we got going, we are overwhelmed by the kind of support we received from unexpected quarters. This once again proves our belief that BRIDGE is on right track.
The dignitaries who have confirmed their participation are: Mrs Sudha Murty who will be our chief guest, Mrs Rajashree Birla who will give us a message, Mr Tushar Gandhi, great grandson of Mahatma Gandhi who will deliver the keynote address, Mr MP Shyam, philanthropist and MD of Akshaya Motors, Mr Bala Malladi, our great supporter and CEO of ACT, Mr Ashish Dikshit, MD of Aditya Birla Fashions, Mr TJS George, Mr Sadananda Maiya, and top persons from Google and Quess among others.
Our programme schedule for the day is as follows:
5.30 pm: Inauguration of the event
* Lighting of the lamp
* Prayer song
- CSR, the Aditya Birla Group Way
- 5.40 pm: Inaugural lecture by Tushar Gandhi, great grandson of Mahatma Gandhi
Topic: Gandhian Concept of Social Commitment and Reform
6.10 pm: Q&A session with Tushar Gandhi (5 minutes)
6.20 pm: BRIDGE MEET
* Welcome by MC Mr Sridhar Chari
* Introducing BRIDGE by Shibu Joseph
* Address by Chief Guest Mrs Sudha Murty, Author and Chairperson, Infosys Foundation
* Message from Our Patron Mrs Rajashree Birla, Chairperson, Aditya Birla Centre for Community Initiatives & Rural Development
* Address by Mr Bala Malladi, CEO, ACT
* Address by Mr Ashish Dikshit, MD of Aditya Birla Fashions
* Release of Coffee Table Book, ‘Giving Up Was Not An Option’
* Release of the Second edition of the book ‘Dare to Dream’
* Presentation of BRIDGE Resilience Awards
- Charity Auction
- Vote of thanks